- 1 Few lines on friendship in English – Essay
- 1.1 Introduction what is friendship
- 1.2 The necessity of friendship
- 1.3 Age and friendship
- 1.4 Importance of friendship
- 1.5 What is the impact of friendship on our health?
- 1.6 Real friends vs. social media friends
- 1.7 Barriers of a friendship
- 1.8 Development of friendship
- 1.9 Types of friendship
- 1.10 True friendship
- 1.11 Conclusion on friendship essay
Few lines on friendship in English – Essay
Introduction what is friendship
In the literal sense, friendship simply means a relationship of mutual affection between people. However, we can safely assume that the above definition can never be enough to define what exactly friendship is. Because it is so much more than mere affection. It is a relationship which has many emotions engulfed in it. It is a beautiful feeling, knowing that one has friends, knowing that when all else fails, there will always be those few who will never leave us, especially, and definitely, not in our times of need. Here at the last, we will add a few lines on friendship.
Like there is a saying:
Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
The necessity of friendship
It is perhaps in kindergarten when we are taught that man is a social being. No man or woman has been blessed with the ability to live alone. Even if one has been the best and the brightest and the bravest in every stage of his or her life, there is absolutely no way he or she can face the world alone. One might try. But one will surely fail. And at that time of crisis, we turn to the people who willingly stand beside us, pushing us forward, catching us if we stumble. A friendship with someone is a life-long bond, a bond not of blood perhaps, but that of emotions. And such a bond is what keeps us from withering away, allowing us to enjoy the little bits of happiness here and there that makes our lives worth living.
Age and friendship
Friendship plays different roles in different ages in a person’s life. In his childhood, friendship means to share toys, play games together in groups. As he grows up, friendship shapes itself into frankness, providing emotional support, love, and care to his friends. The concept of making close or best friends arise in adolescence. In his adulthood, friendship becomes more mature and strong. A romantic relationship is a beautiful form of friendship which is mostly seen in adults. Among older adults, friendship reduces health problems, loneliness and brings happiness in their lives.
Importance of friendship
Friendship is important because human is a social being, he or she cannot survive alone without communicating with other humans. It helps the individual to identify his needs and expectations from society. True friends help each other to tackle problems, overcome sadness or depression. True friends always motivate each other to aim for a better life. They become a strong support and a counselor if required. Perhaps, it is because of friends we are able to face challenges in life. It has been observed that women are better at forming strong and intimate bonds with others and hence, are better at making friends than men. A woman is capable of providing comfort and compassion which is highly important in a friendship. Friends focus on constructive criticism which makes us better individuals. Friendship gives us unforgettable and life-changing experiences.
What is the impact of friendship on our health?
Good relationships have a great impact on our health. It enhances our self-confidence, makes us happier and reduces stress and anxiety. It helps us to face tough situations such as illness, loss of wealth or death of a loved one. Studies have found that adults with a good social life are at reduced risk of suffering health problems. It also increases metabolism and longevity of a person.
Nowadays social media plays a very important role in friendships. It is easier to find friends on social media websites or apps than in real life. There is no problem in making friends in the virtual world but such friends cannot be trustworthy. The person whom we are talking to every day through social media might be a different person in real life. In our busy lives, we find it better to make friends on social media than in real life. We might not give importance to the person’s instincts while sharing our secrets with them and give them access to harm us. It is always good to interact with friends in real and then get close to that person.
Barriers of a friendship
There are numerous hurdles in friendship. They try to end our relationships with the loved one. Few of them are:
- The distance can cause damage to friendships. It is difficult to maintain the values of a friendship like trust, loyalty, and compassion in long-distance relationships.
- Time constraints play another important factor in breaking up friendships. For example, in a friendship of two women. If one of them gets married then both their lifestyles are very different and it becomes very difficult for them to understand each other’s situations.
- Lack of communication and misunderstandings is another reason for friendships to end.
Development of friendship
Throughout our lifespan, we tread among millions of our fellow humans. But only a handful of these millions actually make an impression effective enough for us to remember. And even smaller is the number of those who, when we first speak with them, instantly strike a chord. It happens all of a sudden. There isn’t a proper time or routine for making a friend. There one goes, going about doing their work and then, they meet someone and lo and behold, it feels like someone whom we have known our entire lives. No one plans for it. But it happens and we remain thankful for our entire life for that fateful moment of the first meet.
Types of friendship
Albeit friendship is a boon from the Gods, however, there are categories to it. Not every friendship happens to be as close to our heart as some are. Despite it being aforementioned that friendship happens when a chord is struck between two people, many factors decide how effectively the chord has struck. Some friends prove to be mere acquaintances, with the occasional ‘hi’ and ‘hello’ and perhaps, an occasional cup of coffee in a restaurant, discussing things that never cross the borders of personal life.
On the other hand, there are others, for whom boundaries always remain a blur. These friends become a constant in our lives, helping us in every step of the way. They are there when we need someone to share our moment of joy. They are there when we need to lean on their shoulders and gather the courage to face whatever demons we need to face. And perhaps the best part is that there is no care for formalities. No judgment, no need to filter every word spoken. Instead, we get to be ourselves-the real us, the one that the world doesn’t always get to see. They become our solid ground. Our north star.
One of the earliest proverbs that we get to hear is that a friend in need is a friend indeed. As kids, none of us actually understand the significance of it. But as time flies, we know that nothing can be truer. A true friend is a boon, there can be no debate about that. But there can also be no debate about the fact that a false friend is one of them, if not the worst form of curse a man has to face in his life. Today’s is a world driven by desire, lust and the urge to be at the top, and hence it is often seen how friends give in to the temptation of evil and indulge in backstabbing. It is a shame that people give up on something as pure and beautiful as friendship, but be that as it may, there are still those who give their lives for their friends and it is because of such true friends that the world still remains beautiful.
Here are the few lines on friendship to covers are :
- Friendship is a beautiful relationship between two people.
- Friendship can have different meanings.
- For some people, friendship is the mutual affection for one another or a long-lasting activity of sharing love, respect, trust, knowledge and time with each other. Often people who share common interests and hobbies become friends.
- Friendship is formed by values such as love, sympathy, kindness, affection, compassion, mutual understanding and many more.
- Friendship is not restricted to age, gender or community of a person. It can be seen between two people of the same or different age group.
- It can be between two people of different colour or races.
- It can also be between a human and an animal.
- Generally, the friendship between two people of the same age group irrespective of the gender is more common. Friends offer emotional support at times of need.
- They share inner thoughts, feelings, and secrets with each other.
- Feelings associated with friendship bring positivity in a person. It is a priceless possession in a person’s life.
Conclusion on friendship essay
A true friend is truly analogous to an invaluable treasure. That is why Lo Buscaglia once said, ”A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” Truer words have perhaps never been spoken.
Friendship too has its ups and downs but it is important to preserve it. Life throws many challenges and friends help us win over any difficult situation. Thus, friendship is a divine gift to a human being by nature. It is eternal and selfless and we must make some good friends in because they are the ones who make our life meaningful and beautiful.